Friday, May 20, 2011

Seriously?!?

In a previous post I mentioned all the mean things people have said to me during my pregnancy, and they just keep on coming. Enough with the comments!!! I'm getting them daily, from both perfect strangers and people I know!

I do NOT look like I'm carrying twins. This is what someone carrying twins looks like:


And this is what I look like:



Also, I do NOT look like I'm about to pop, nor do I look like I'm about to deliver any minute! I do not look 9 months pregnant when I am in fact only 7 and a half. See? This is what someone who is about to deliver looks like:


See the difference? So by saying that I look like I'm about to deliver when I still have another month and a half, or that I look like I'm carrying twins, you are accomplishing three things:
  1. You just made yourself look like a HUGE idiot who doesn't know a thing about pregnancy.
  2. You also made yourself look like an inconsiderate JACKASS.
  3. My baby is only 2 or 3 pounds, so by commenting on my size, you have just effectively INSULTED me!!!!
When this happens, I am polite enough to just smile and nod. I will not sink to your level by insulting you. And I know if I call you on it and tell you how RUDE you have just been, you will:
  • Roll your eyes inside
  • Not feel embarassed or ashamed of yourself
  • Chalk it up to preganacy hormones, so therefore I cannot defend myself without coming across as a crazy person.
Since when did it become socially acceptable to comment on anyone's weight? You would never DREAM of telling a fat person how big and huge they are, or how fast they've put on weight. Why would you POSSIBLY think this would be okay to do to a pregnant woman?!?

And just for the record, I also do NOT want to hear that I must be having a HUGE baby. I do not want to deliver a 10 pound baby. My first baby was only 7 lbs 8 oz (normal sized). And the size of your belly does NOT coinside with the size of the baby.

You wanna see pregnancy hormones? I may do one of the following the next time this happens:
  • Burst into tears
  • Kick you square in the teeth




3 comments:

  1. Oh keri! I love you so much! :-D Srsly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick 'em. HARD.

    I feel you sister. Although I am not pregnant people seem to think it's acceptable to comment on my marriage status and tell me what I need to do to get married.

    People are just rude and brainless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People have always been idiots. The fact that they are generally well-meaning and not actively trying to hurt feelings is just annoying.

    Maybe they think they are complimenting you, because the bigger you seem to be the bigger and healthier the baby, right? In which case, they should choose better words. The ones they're choosing make ME want to hit people on your behalf.

    You are gorgeous, Keri! No amount of thoughtless insults will ever change that!

    ReplyDelete