Thursday, March 15, 2012

Support Systems=The Secret of my Success

Last night I was thinking about how important my support systems are in my life. I literally don't think I could survive without all the help I get.


I have an incredible husband who not only works full time, but also does a lot of the cooking, cleaning, and babysitting (is it really babysitting if you are caring for your own child?). He changes diapers, does laundry, and helps Spitfire with homework. He is the reason why I can do band and be in plays, all while working full-time and being a mom, without losing my sanity.

While I went to nursing school, I relied on Mr. Wright a lot. But I also couldn't have done it without the support of my mom, or my sister Skinny. Both babysat Spitfire for me so I could attend classes at night.

My mom has also babysat Spitfire for me countless times during rehearsals for the plays I have done. When I am in a play, particularly when I have a lead role, I spend hours in rehearsals. The three months leading up to opening night, I usually have rehearsals from six until nine or ten o'clock at night, 4-5 nights per week, and from 9-1 on Saturdays. It is a HUGE time commitment! Not to mention that once the play opens, I am gone a lot of evenings too.

This time, during rehearsals for Poison Ivy Mysteries, I haven't been able to rely on my mom to babysit for me. She's been really busy handling all the details for my sick aunt and her care, and hasn't been available.

Luckily, I have an amazing director, Annelise, who has allowed me to bring my kids to rehearsals. And I really have to give credit to her and my fellow actors. They have all been so patient with Sunshine, and have all taken turns holding her during my scenes. I am so grateful for their help! I would feel WAY too overwhelmed without it!

I know it is SO difficult to concentrate with a baby making noise in the background! And I wouldn't bring her if I had any other choice. Everyone has been really great about it!

For everyone who helps me with my kids...



1 comment: