Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night...and Party Ev-er-y Day!

This past weekend, my band, Channel Z,  played for the second time at the elusive Club 90. To read about our first time, click here.

Friday night was a slower night, but I did have several friends come to see me perform. First were my friends Pattie and Mike. Mr. Wright and Pattie have been friends since Junior High. Mr. Wright and I visited Pattie and Mike in Texas, when we were first married. We also spent New Year's with them seeing the Disco Drippers, when I was pregnant with Spitfire.

Pattie brought another friend of Mr. Wright's, Monica, to Club 90 with her. I was nervous about them hearing me play, since they are fans of both the Disco Drippers, and the Spazmatics. However, Pattie was on the dance floor all night. And she told Mr. Wright, that she couldn't believe I could belt out Axel Rose one minute, and then Madonna the next.

My BFF from Kindergarten, Jeanette, was also there with one of her friends. She was relieved to see Mr. Wright there. They sat with him, because they kept getting hit on by creepy old men. Gotta love Club 90. My friend Michele also came with her husband, when she was done with her rehearsal. It was SO nice to have their support!

Saturday night at Club 90 was kick @&$! There were several people there who dressed in 80's attire!




And the crowd was going nuts for us!!



The club even hosted a costume contest, with $50.00 cash for both the male and female winners! Awesome!!



The male winner...


Sorry for the blurry pictures...my flash was off.

and the female winner.


She was a riot!
We hope Club 90 will have us back soon, but we are excited to be playing for TWO corporate fundraiser events in the next few months!

1 comment: