Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bod Pod

My employer offers a wellness campaign in which you can get a $40 discount on your insurance by participating in certain health-related programs offered by the Wellness Program.

Yesterday on my day off from work, I went to have my body fat analyzed. I have a body fat scale at home, but they are said to be inaccurate. The Bod Pod is supposedly the most accurate method, because it eliminates human error, as it is done via computer.

The Bod Pod uses air displacement plethysmography to determine body volume and density. You wear tight-fitting clothing, and a cap inside of an egg-shaped chamber.


Does this Bod Pod make me look sexy?
Then, the chamber is sealed and filled with air. The air-displacement measures body volume.


Not recommended for the claustrophobic

Na-Nu, Na-Nu!

You should know that I am only posting the above pictures in the name of science/entertainment.

No, I will NOT tell you what my body fat percentage was! Let's just say it is embarassingly high. But it was about what I thought it would be, which means my body fat scale at home is pretty darn accurate. I have a long ways to go to be my ideal weight/body fat percentage. Better keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment