Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What the Phó?

Last night my friend Jeanette and I decided to try a new restaurant. We've both been wanting to try the Vietnamese food, Phó, and the name of the restaurant, What the Phó, made us giggle.


We asked the waitress how to pronounce 'Phó'. It is pronounced almost as if you are going to say the 'F' work, but with an inflection on the end, like a question. 'Fuh?' Which makes the name even funnier, because you are literally saying, "What the Fuh?"

I ordered a drink called Coconut Milk Tea. I LOVE Coconut! But when I got the drink, I was like "What the Phó is in my drink?" There was something black floating in the bottom. It also came with a HUGE straw! If you know me at all, you know I can turn just about anything into sexual innuendo.

Doing dirty things to my HUGE straw.
The drink was delicious, but when I sucked on the straw, the black, and also clear squishy jelly balls in the bottom of my drink came up with it. I guess I had inadvertently ordered boba tea, which has pearls of tapioca in it.


I actually like tapioca pudding, but I couldn't deal with floaty balls in my drink. I tried using a smaller straw, but the pearls just stuck to the smaller straw, making it impossible to drink anything. I gave up and stuck to my water.

For an appetizer, we ordered Shrimp Rockets, just because we liked the name. It sounds dirty too. Couldn't resist taking this picture.
 
Jeanette enjoying her Shrimp Rocket

Finally, our Phó arrived. We ordered the rare beef Phó and then added sprouts, lime, cilantro, basil, and jalapenos. I also added hot sauce to mine. Doesn't it look delish?


Try some Phó today!

No comments:

Post a Comment