Thursday, May 31, 2012

Closing Night, Blythe Spirit, Air Show, Chris Kattan, and Donut Falls

We had a lot going on Memorial Day weekend. I didn't really think it was anything too blog worthy, but thought maybe I could cram it all into one post, lest ye think that all I do is watch plays, and sing in the band.

Friday night was closing night of my Murder Mystery play, 'North High: a Killer Reunion'. This story was set at a high school reunion, and somebody gets murdered...dun, Dun, DUN!!! I played Brittany, the cheerleader. Here are a couple of pictures from my show.


Singing the school song
"Go Beehives!"
True love conquers all.
"Our young love, it's how love is supposed to be..."

My friend Michele came to the show closing night.
"I did not put ANY peanuts in those cookies."
I can't tell you if I was the one who was murdered...or if I was the murderer...Maybe I was! The audience got to interview the characters to try to figure out who the murderer was. I overheard someone say, "Brittany's easy!" That gave me quite a chuckle, and I said, "Hey! Did you just say I'm easy? Don't spread rumors about me! I don't sleep around!"

Saturday night, me, Mr. Wright, and Spitfire went to the Empress Theatre to see Blythe Spirit. We met my friend Amy and her daughter there. Our friends, Stephen, Kristen, Nancy, and Bryan were in the show. They all did a fantastic job! And Nancy was very funny as Madame Arcati. We also saw our friend Megan (who, by the way, is looking super-duper slim) in the audience.

Nancy, me, Kristen, Stephen, and Amy

On Sunday, we went to the air show at Hill Air Force Base. It's not really my thing, but Mr. Wright makes us go every year. That's what marriage is all about, compromise. He goes to plays with me, I go to air shows with him. Okay, okay, I guess it's pretty cool to see airplanes do tricks. The weather was overcast, and the wind made it freezing!




Posing on an Osprey
Later that night, Mr. Wright and I went to Wise Guys Comedy Club to see Chris Kattan and Friends. Turns out that Chris Kattan was the opening act for the other guys who were a lot less famous, but WAY funnier. I was super disappointed in Chris Kattan. He didn't even really have a set routine it seemed, and just talked about his characters on SNL, without even doing any of them.

And he is SUPER short in real life. I bet he's only 5'2". The "friend" I liked the best was Jay Whittaker, (at least I THINK that was his name, I forgot). I believe he's actually a local comic, but he was hilarious! I could have waited in a line to get my picture taken with Chris Kattan afterward, but decided not to, since he wasn't that funny. Plus I would have looked like an Amazon woman next to him.

Monday, my mom, sisters, and all our kids went hiking in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We decided to hike to Donut Falls. It was a little bit muddy, but nothing we couldn't handle. I carried Sunshine on my back.



Spitfire and Dreamer



Spitfire, Grams, Sunshine, and Dreamer
Me and Sunshine

There's me in my nerdy granny sunglasses.
It was a fun but busy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Golly, looks like you had the best weekend ever. Thanks for coming to our show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Stephen on all accounts.

    ReplyDelete