Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Western Stampede Rodeo--West Jordan

Saturday night, I found myself at a rodeo. It's not usually my standard weekend activity, in fact I probably only frequent a rodeo once every 5 years. In this case, both of my sisters were singing the National Anthem, so I went to support them. They did a fantastic job! Check them out:




We had the whole family there, so we stayed for the rodeo afterward. I wonder if this guy needs a chiropractor:


We can't take my cute mom anywhere. My sister thinks we should burn that hat. I want to burn that vest. But are you allowed to burn things that have a flag on them, or is that disrespectful?



God bless America


I always enjoy the barrel races, they seem the most humane.



My favorite part of the rodeo was the Mutton Bustin'. I had no idea what this was until a few years ago, when I worked at a health clinic in Tooele.

A little 4-or-5-year-old girl came in with a broken arm. I asked her how she broke it and she replied in a sweet little voice, "Mutton Bustin."

I was baffled as to what this was, and even more baffled once I knew it involved tiny children riding on the back of sheep.


Hold on for dear life!

Overall, we had a good time together as a family. Guess I won't be attending a rodeo for another 5 years.


My cute sisters



1 comment:

  1. I promise you these cowboys are GOOD to their animals-they are their bread and butter.

    Muttin Bustin is probably my favorite--followed in close second with barrel racing.

    Your sisters did well!! I always manage to forget the words--how do you forget the words to the National freaking Anthem?

    ReplyDelete