Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Old MySpace Blog post: Depths of Despair

This blog post is a bit of a downer, and I don't usually get like this. I think I was mostly overwhelmed with nursing school...



Dec 21, 2007

The depths of despair


Current mood:morose
I can't say why but I feel completely down. I don't know if it's because I miss my dad, or that I'm worried about whether I passed my finals, or if it's because I really, REALLY don't want to have my in-laws over for Christmas. But I hate Christmas, and I loathe doing all the shopping, wrapping, and cleaning myself. And somehow I feel utterly lonely, and I'm wondering, when did I become a bitter, cynical, bitch? I feel like a failure, and I can't remember ever being this depressed without a reason. I'm really burned out from school. I feel like giving up.  


3 comments:

  1. Don't give up, lady! You have so many people who love and adore you. I know what you mean about Christmas (after my sister-in-law incident last year). Makes me want to skip Christmas altogether next time. But hey ~ why are your in-laws planning Christmas *already*? Dude, it's only March. Can we have Easter, 4th of July, Pioneer Day, Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving first? Sheesh. Don't sweat it. Maybe things will change in the meantime, and they will decide to do something else besides spend Christmas at your house :) And PS~ remember, you are a rock star! (because you really are!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Missy. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was cleaning out my MySpace account, and found some old blog posts, so I decided to re-post them on this blog. This was from December of 2007! Thanks for your concern though. :)

      Delete
    2. oh, good! Gosh, I was thinking, "What kind of in-laws start planning Christmas in March, for Heaven's sake?!?" Glad you are well!

      Delete