Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mopey Dog


When I went to New York, Spitfire said our Chihuahua Teddy would whine by the back door every night, waiting for me to come home from work. Similarly, when Spitfire spends the night at her grandma's, Teddy will wander into her room looking for her.

Whenever we go out of town, Teddy thinks we are abandoning him. We have tried hiring a dogsitter to come to our house to feed him and let him out to pee. Teddy was too scared to come out of his kennel. He did nothing but mope when we got home.

We tried taking his kennel and his bedding and food to my Aunt Zombie's house when we went to Jamaica. He was mopey for days. I even wondered if he had eaten anything, as he looked skinnier when we came back.

This time when we went to Pineview, we took him to a dog boarding kennel. Again, he looks a little skinnier, and moped around all night last night. It takes him a day or two to get over his doggy depression.

Poor dog.

1 comment:

  1. SO precious! But sad too:-(
    My kitty gets an attitude when I bust out my suitcase. She even hops in and won't get out no matter how many times I remove her.
    But, she managed just fine while I'm gone, at least the people who check on her daily tell me.
    And when I get back she's purrfectly happy to see me:-)

    ReplyDelete