Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pineview Reservoir

We just returned home from a family trip to Pineview Reservoir, where my parents have a time share at Wolf Creek.

Usually, I am the one who does a lot of waterskiing, wakeboarding, and even riding the raft. I LOVE water sports. If I'm not in the water, I am sitting at the bow of the boat (the front).


Since I'm pregnant this year, I didn't get to do ANY of that. In fact, my mom insisted that I sit at the back of the boat, where it is less bumpy. She was worried the bumpy ride would send me into labor.

The good news is, after 10 years of saying no, Mr. Wright finally decided to try waterskiing for the first time. This was a HUGE step for him. He doesn't like to try new things unless he knows he's going to be good at them right off the bat.

He usually makes excuses about having weak ankles. But I told him that my mom, sisters and I have all sprained our ankles numerous times, and have never hurt them waterskiing.

Mr. Wright actually did AMAZING! He caught on pretty well, and was able to get up several times, though once up, he kept falling. Now all he needs to do is get a feel for how to stay up, and he's got it!



Unfortunately, the water was very choppy, which makes it very difficult for even an experienced skier. I was very proud of him, though he didn't think any of it counted, since he didn't stay up. We had to quit because of the weather, but I hope he will try again soon and not be too discouraged. He made GREAT progress!

Mr. Wright wasn't the only one to try waterskiing. My 5-year-old nephew Chief, and my 10-year-old daughter Spitfire both tried. Chief got up and immediately fell down about 3 times. Spitfire made it into the water with the lifejacket and skis on, but ultimately decided it was too scary. We were so proud of both of them for even trying!


I made the mistake of not wearing high enough SPF, and should have stayed more in the shade. As a result, I look like this:

OUCH!
Actually, the picture doesn't do justice to how red it actually is. Up close and in person it looks more like this:


And it feels about like this:



I've been using a lot of aloe on it, but it's very painful. Part of me thinks I should have to suffer through the pain, to teach myself not to be so stupid next time. But a friend told me about this, and I finally gave in:



This stuff is AMAZING! It's a spray, so you don't have to rub your sore skin. It has aloe in it to cool, soothe, and moisturize the sunburn. The magic ingredient is lidocaine, which numbs the painful skin! LOVE it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment