Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Manifest YOUR Destiny

Within the past two years or so, I realized I didn't have very many close female friends. I did have a friendship with someone whom I hung out with a lot, but I wasn't sure it was exactly healthy, to be so dependent on one friend. I felt a definite void in my life, and wanted more female companionship. I decided to open it up to the Universe, that I needed more female friends in my life.

I get to be Samantha!

I didn't exactly say a prayer, or even say it out loud. I just thought to myself that I would keep my eyes open for friendship opportunities if the Universe would provide them.



Then, shortly after that it seemed that friendship opportunities were coming out of the woodwork. Larissa, an acquaintance (turned friend) from Damn Yankees, invited me to go to New York. There I also met Megan.

It's been fun getting to know these ladies. Larissa is so inclusive, and adventurous. Megan is always cheerful and is a huge Harry Potter nerd fan.


Larissa, Me and Megan on the NYC subway
Why is Larissa pouting?

Me, Megan, and Larissa in New York
Megan, Larissa and I in Times Square


I also went to see Bon Jovi with Larissa. (Drool...) We sang together at the top of our lungs. So fun!



Larissa and I at Bon Jovi



Larissa, Megan and I, had dinner together at the Melting Pot with some other friends. My friend Amy was there too. (I'll talk more about her later.)

Amy, Larissa, Me, Tiffany, Kristen, and Megan


Amy, Larissa, and I



Megan and Larissa also came to see my band. (There's Amy again, too, before she was IN the band.)


Amy, Me, Megan, and Larissa


Both Larissa and Megan are super talented, and I had the pleasure of running into them at a callback for a play. They both impressed me with their character choices. We didn't get to do the show together, but I feel sure we will at some point in the future, (as long as we're not up for the same role.)

Around that same time, I was also able to reconnect with a theatre friend I knew 6 years ago, Michele. We were in Zorba together, but had lost touch, except on Facebook.


Michele on the far left, Me on the far right

Michele somehow sensed my need for friendship and invited me to go for a girl's night out. She also invited me to her birthday party.


We tried to learn to play poker before singing Karaoke.



I also went to see Michele play Truvy, in Steel Magnolias.


Michele and I, don't always get to hang out, but I know I can ask her advice (and I do) about my kids, or life in general.


Let's not forget about Amy. Amy was in Damn Yankees with me and Larissa. We have done a lot of really fun things together, like Drag Queen Bingo.


Me, random Drag Queen, and Amy.

We also saw Thriller this year at Odyssey Dance Theatre. I usually go every year, but this was Amy's first time.


Amy, Zombie dancer, and I.


When we had an opening in my band, Channel Z, I encouraged Amy to audition. She knew the songs and the harmonies, had a fantastic voice, and we blended well together. The guys in the band said at times they couldn't tell who was singing which part, because we sound so alike. Don't get me wrong though, Amy definitely has her own sound. I am constantly amazed with what she can do, whenever I hear her sing.










This is by no means my complete list of friends. I've been blessed with several other friendships, including Justina, Kristen, Heidi, Dennis, Michelle. And I am continually finding new friends. But this post is about those friendships that came to me in my moment of need.


Thank you for being a friend!

I wasn't the only one in need of new friends. Recently Spitfire has been having some trouble with some girls at school. There was an incident, (another blog post for another day), in which I asked Spitfire to no longer hang around the offending girl, and to make new friends. Now, that is a pretty daunting task for a 5th grader, when you are trying to establish yourself within the social hierarchy of school.

I was worried for her, so once again I asked the Universe for help. I swear it was the next day, that our neighbors across the street came over to see if Spitfire could play. There are 8-year-old twins, (a girl and a boy), who live across the street, and an 12-year-old girl who lives next door to them. We had met them when we moved in 4 months ago, but they hadn't worked up the courage to play together yet. I was SO grateful the Universe had provided Spitfire with some nice, new friends! She was able to make another 4 or 5 new friends at school too!

**UPDATE** Last night, Spitfire met two sisters who live across the other street, ages 10 and 12! (Thank you, thank you!)

I truly believe we have the power to manifest our own destiny! What do you need? Have you asked for it? Put it out there to the Universe, and be patient...you just might get it!

Maybe next time I should ask for a million dollars...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, of course, love this post and got a bit teary eyed (quit doing that to me!) You definitely made it happen and I am so grateful you did. I distinctly remember a comment conversation on one of Stephen's fb updates about how making time for friends being important in our lives right then because of that void feeling we were both had. Thank YOU for reaching out to me and making me feel accepted. YOU amaze me and I love your guts!! *hugs* It's been a great two years, Here's to more!

      P.S. I think I'm Charlotte. (It's always the quiet ones.....)

      P.P.S. I'm not surprised, but so happy that Spitfire has been able to connect with new friends. :)

      Delete
  2. Are you TRYING to make me cry? (say this like Chandler from Friends)
    Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm so glad I was able to enter your life when you needed someone. I hope we have many more adventures ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, you were right the first time: when it comes to Harry Potter, I am a big nerd :D
    Wow, I am so honored to be a part of this post, and a part of your life, Keri. I admire you so much, and I love that we are friends. I had a blast in NYC and was so thrilled when you came to my show. I'm planning to come support your band again one of these days...hopefully more than once!! I am so glad that Larissa introduced us. You are such a classy, sassy lady and I need more of that in my life!

    ReplyDelete